Monday, January 7, 2008

Fear of the unknown, fear of failure, who knows?


As I've mentioned previously, I am starting my own import/export company focusing on treasure from Australia & New Zealand. I can easily visualize what i want to accomplish but I've run smack into a huge roadblock called the business plan. It is daunting to say the least. It is a road map of where your business is & where it is going in the next 5-10years. Not so bad you say....well I'm looking to raise 150k in start up capital ideally, so the plan has to be written so lawyers, accountant & venture capitalists can say....What a damn fine idea, we want to give you money so you can travel to Australia & New Zealand, drink beer, scuba dive & import treasure! I'm stuck with entrepreneur's block for lack of a better term. I got off to a pretty good start but ran out of gas when it came to predicting sales for the first year. Hell, I don't know if I'll sell a damn thing but my vision has me making an ass load of money by importing art, crafts, jewelry, furniture & even wine from these wonderful countries. I'm just going to start scheduling 1 hour a day to sit down & if nothing else just look at the damn thing. I have been meaning to go to a small business class on how to write a business plan but my job conflicted with the class tomorrow. I'll keep on working at it & then get to the class ASAP. I've had some friends express interest in my Visionquest as i call it. Something weird about asking someone to loan me $150k to follow my dreams. Oh well, they say a sucker is born everyday. I bet I can find one & we can both be OnMeWay.
Cheers,
Rip treasure hunter
p.s. picture is of the back of The Baths, Virgin Gorda B.V.I.

No comments: