Wednesday, December 19, 2007

No one knew where I was including me

Kangaroo Island Ritz Carlton.....not! No deluxe accommodations were part of this 2 day pure adventure. I was picked up at my hostel in Adelaide at 6:00 in the morning & was feeling a bit hungover from the night before. Had a 2 hour drive ahead of me in a small van, did i mention I'm 6'5"? Self induced so i just tried not to hurl. I'm half way around the world & the hot little Asian girl in front of me is from Knoxville,TN which is where i went to college. I was half expecting her to be a hit woman & do me right there so i could escape this hangover. We boarded a ferry & headed for the bar at 8:00a.m. I had 4 beers before we made it to the other side. I was told by one of our guides & the bartendress that i tied the record for such a short trip. I'll do better next time. Kangaroo Island is a must for anyone wanting to see unspoiled Australia. It gets very little pressure from the mainland & the wildlife is everywhere. We saw koalas, fairy penguins,enchinidas, fur seals,wallabies,kangaroos & possums. My group was alot of fun & the guides were entertaining to say the least. I was the farthest away from Nashville that i had ever been & i was LOVING it! I will go deeper next time. The picture is of our overnight accommodations. It was basically a bunkhouse with one bathroom & the animals just came & went when they wanted to. A couple people slept outside but I didn't see the need as i was already out in the middle of f____king nowhere. Had a blast & give Kangaroo Island my ***** rating!
Cheers,
Rip

No comments: