Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Treasure from Down Under

I have always enjoyed going to flea markets as an adult....not so much as a child, it bored me. Everytime that I travel to Australia i get excited at the possibilities of finding new, one of a kind
treasure at the many flea markets in just about every city. The picture shows some Huen pine treasure from Salamanca market in Hobart, Tasmania. Huen pine only grows in Tasmania & it has a incredible smell to it. It can be very expensive but no one I know has any pieces. Whether it be opals from Coober Pedy, Aboriginal art from Kuranda or Popglass jewelery from Sydney; you will have unique treasure from Australia. Let's face the facts, less than 1% of the population of the U.S. will ever travel to Australia or New Zealand. This is the basis for my company OnMeWay,LLC. Nashville is a great city but very trendy. Everyone is trying to keep up with their neighbhors whether it be houses,cars or which private school their kids attend. I look forward to bringing back one of a kind treasure & reselling to the Jones so the Smiths will have to have the next bigger & better thing I import. Have you been someplace that has great treasure & maybe scuba diving too? Let me know & if I import from there, I'll give you a cut. Gotta run. Until next time...remember treasure is everywhere. Cheers, Rip the treasure hunter

No comments: