Saturday, January 26, 2008

As Webb Wilder says....It gets in your blood!

It is January in Tennessee & it was 12 degrees for the low Thursday night. It is currently 72 degrees & sunny in Penguin, Tasmania. I have decided that in the very near future I will leave in early January & travel until it is warm again in Nashville, which is usually April. It seems like the perfect solution to this cold business. Not really much happens in Nashville when it is cold anyway. This way I'll travel the South Pacific when it is warm & now that I think about it, I'll get to wear shorts all year long! I can make this my annual pilgrimage for treasure to Australia & New Zealand. This will put me back in town & ready for the Nashville flea market at the end of April as well as opening night for the minor league baseball season. Then of course comes the gauntlet of fun known as May in Tennessee. It is warm, the top is down on the Cutlass & spring is in the air.
Once you start traveling & seeing different lands, it really does get in your blood. I find myself daydreaming about past adventures & looking forward to seeing new places and all that goes with it. Some may equal but none will excel my visionquest. I am going to add New Zealand to the itinerary next trip. I believe I can see a great deal of both islands with a 2 week tour. I've heard from alot of people who say new Zealand is so much more beautiful than OZ.....prove it to me! Until next time.
Cheers,
Rip
http://www.onmeway.com/

No comments: