Thursday, September 3, 2009

Christmas is here, time to open my 3 month present

It is Christmas time in Tennessee...for me anyway. College football 2009 kicks off tonight @6pm CST! My world comes into focus, i'm in a great mood & have the time of my life. For some it is opening day of baseball season or deer season but for me it is Tennessee Volunteer football. I get to talk trash to every single person wearing an opposing team piece of swag until they beat us or have owned u for a few years. I set out my tickets for the game every Monday to remind me, no matter how bad a day or week I'm having that on Saturday, I will be on my favorite thrill ride....Big Orange football. Alot of folks outside the South probably don't understand our passion for SEC football but to sum it up....we weren't left with much else after that war of Northern aggression. Some refer to it as a religion & I guess you could use that analogy. Every one gets dressed up in their best outfit, goes to the place of worship the same day, cheers for God or God's team & then proceeds to eat, drink & be merry. People have repeatedly asked if I would ever live in Australia. I say sure 6 months out of the year. I could never miss an entire season of college football or Spring time in Tennessee. I have 36 minutes at work left before I go home, put on my Orange, meet the fellas & cheer on teams i really couldn't care less about. Saturday at 5:45a.m. I will start my UT ritual that the greatest man that ever lived(in my eyes) taught me......my dad. I miss him the most during football season....my Christmas.
Cheers & It is great to be a Tennessee Vol!,
Rip Pewett
treasure hunter & die hard college football fan

No comments: