Monday, November 5, 2007

i've been published!

I retired from the mortgage business & decided to decompress for 40 days in faraway Australia. I arrived in Sydney & proceeded to Bondi Beach to be with all the pretty people. As this was my third time in OZ, i vowed to see harder to reach places which translates into using ferries & more air travel. It is worth it ! The mistake we make when it comes to visiting Australia is we don't take enough time to see this amazing country. I recommend no less than 3 weeks & plan on flying from city to city as Australia is approximately the same size as the U.S.
I took day trips to Magnetic Island from Sydney, Kuranda from Cairns & a 2 day overnight trip to Kangaroo Island from Adelaide where this picture of The Remarkables (a cluster of gigantic granite boulders) was taken. I boarded a tri-engine speedboat to jet around Bruny island in Southern Tasmania....what a thrill ride! I get a kick out of being sooooo far off the beaten path & that noone knows where i am. Another added feature is the abundant amount of creatures you get to view truly in the wild. You will see kangaroos, wallabies, koala & yes even Tasmanian Devils. 40 days & i'm decompressed.
Cheers.
Rip Pewett,Nashville
as seen in the travel section of the Sunday Tennessean...pretty cool stuff

No comments: