Monday, November 12, 2007

Australian beer is good!

I got off track a bit with the 2 articles...i apologize & let us talk about Aussie beer. I'm a big fan of almost all of it except Foster's, the Australia beer brewed in Canada for us. I did see a guy drink one in Adelaide i think. Well when in Sydney I always wander into the Fortune of War....it has been around forever. It has that old time feel & when you walk in everyone turns & stares at you or maybe it was because i'm BIG! Australians are very loyal to their state's beer with every single pub has it displayed. New South Wales is Toohey's, Victoria loves VB(Victoria Bitter),Queensland is XXXX, South Australia has Carlton & Tasmania has 2 Cascade & James Boag. This last adventure i stuck with Carlton Lager, it is crisp but fairly light & went down real nice. Met the bartender Greg who was a fairly stout fella as well. He played rugby & actually toured thru the states last year with Savannah, GA for St. Patrick's day being his highlight. Like the fine southern women as well. I live in Nashville & haven't been to Savannah....soon. I had a Memphis rugby team shirt back at the hostel that i promised him. I bought one of their shirts in XXL....more like a L to me after it was washed. Spent the afternoon drinking with a son & dad coal miners. They were alot of fun & bought me numerous rounds. Dad had actually been in Nashville back when Hank Sr was alive. I limped out of there around 5 & hit the subway for a return to the Bondi Beach Hostel. When in Sydney....go to the Fortune of War & tell Greg I said hello!
Cheers,
Rip

No comments: