Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Football Time in Tennessee-SEC Championship

Since I was a small child I have told people that I bleed Orange for the Tennessee Vols! There are few things that inspire me to the passion level that UT football does. Some of the best days & worst days have been the result of these football games. Our team is 9-3 0verall & 6-2 in the SEC East, tied with Georgia but since we thumped their ass early in the year; we are going to Atlanta to take on the LSU Tigers!
The picture is of Neyland Stadium which holds in excess of 107,000 screaming brain dead rednecks all hopped up on bourbon. What a sight i can tell you. Our stadium is a vertical stadium meaning it goes up instead of out; this makes it amazingly loud. I have been coming to games in this shrine since I was 9.(32 yrs) I have traveled around throughout the SEC & no one has a stadium as impressive. Yeah Florida, Alabama & LSU are loud but their stadiums don't intimidate opposing teams the way Neyland does. There is NO place I would rather be on a Saturday in the fall than Neyland Stadium....home of the University of Tennessee Volunteers. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: