Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I never thought I would make it to 45.....now what?













June 27th, 1981-the day my father was killed. He was 45 yrs old, successful, handsome,funny & larger than life to his 15 year old son....he was also my motivation. I wouldn't have this revelation to later in my own life. I aspired to greatness & was mentally tough even as a child, so I could win the approval of my dad. Once he was gone & the circumstances of his death came to light; I lost faith in the world as I had known it as a child. It had become a brutal place that takes everything & forgives no one. I set out on a self destructive path that at times, amazes me I'm still on this Earth. I believed that all things end in time & applied this to my relationships, jobs & just about every other area of my life. It was not a matter of if but when; so I went into it with the end in mind. I coined the phrase "Committee of One" & began distancing myself from my family, friends & even God. At this point I should tell you I have never been a very religious person but I do hope at the end of the road there is a better place to go but I'm not sure that the Bible isn't just the best book ever written by man. So I continued on a path that lead me where the wind blew always trying to do the right thing for the right reasons. I've literally made hundreds of mistakes & bad decisions but I've never hurt anyone intentionally. So, what to do now. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” ― Confucius Bottom line....I want to see the world, find treasure, take pictures & write about it. I will never reach my potential which is limitless, unless I do every one of these & soon damn it! I don't know how much time I have left but one thing is for sure; I never thought I would make it to 45 & now I've got to get busy. Until next time.

Cheers,

Rip 45 yr old dreamer & wanderer

No comments: