Monday, December 14, 2009

Have you ever intentionally hurt somebody?

I have never hurt anyone intentionally. I have broken my fair share of hearts, disappointed hundreds of times, & pissed off over a 1000 people but i never intentionally hurt someone. So when I see people hurt people for their own selfish reasons, it confuses me, it troubles me & to be perfectly honest...it pisses me off! I believe one of the reasons life is hard is because of events that happen to you that you never saw coming or can't believe happened to you. When these things happen you struggle to find the answers to explain why another person would maliciously hurt you. 9 times out of 10 it is usually for their own selfish reasons. People who can justify their action no matter what are dangerous in my eyes. The ability to justify any action will lead a person to continuously hurt others with no regard to the consequences or feelings of others. I was taught to treat everyone as I wanted to be treated & try to make peoples lives better when possible. I also have been the person who when he makes a mistake or hurts someone to say I'm sorry, it won't happen again. If you make a mistake or do something stupid.....take a look in the mirror & look yourself in the eyes, take responsibility for your actions. It is the way I hold myself accountable for my actions. I learn from my mistakes & I move on. There is no reason to linger on the pain of it. Sadly if you are the victim(i hate that word) person who has been wronged, it is sometimes hard to move on when the other person or persons are unwilling to say they are sorry or if they are continuing on with the hurt. Some people may never get over it. In my personal life I have had many relationships that have ended poorly. Do they really end any other way? It is ultimately one person saying, I don't want to be with you for whatever reason. Sadly, some of my favorite people want absolutely nothing to do with me. I didn't beat them, steal from them, some I did cheat on( i get that part) but they hold a grudge & it may last till the day they die. What I haven't done is go out to hurt them further & I'm amazed when people do this very thing. Learn from the mistakes that were made & try not to make them again. If you choose only crazy girls like your mother....then at some point you have to realize the pattern & quit dating crazy girls(even though they are the best sexual trapeze artists, just my opinion). O.K. I think you get my point......Quit being selfish & quit hurting people. Karma is a bitch & payback is hell!
The picture is of Bigboy drinking himself into a stupor before a UT game. I have been known to do the same when I'm trying to explain why someone would hurt me for no reason.
Cheers,
Rip Pewett barstool psychiatrist

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but you are wrong my friend.
In thinking only the crazy ones can be wild sexual trapeze artists...tsk, tsk, tsk, you just haven't yet found one that is the best of both worlds. Lady in the street and a freak in the bed. ;) But...the trick is, you have to be ready to treat her right as well...is it worth it to you? THAT is the question... :)

Anonymous said...

You are a liar and a joke...enjoy your sad world!