Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ouch my liver hurts!

Well, we did the best that we could but New Orleans & the French Quarter will always conquer the tourist. I won't lie to you, it was like revisiting the scene of a crime that you were involved in but not really guilty. Frank, Barry & I headed down with lots of uncertainty & obscene amounts of cold beer at crack ass of dawn on Thursday. We arrived without incident & checked into the Hilton on St. Charles after parking Frank's ride for the duration. We cleaned up & disappeared into the madness. I wanted to eat, drink & forget reality....then enter the Quarter. All weekend we ate, drank & left Nashville in the rear view mirror; and sang karaoke....Matt Davis arrived on Friday...hello. We grifted(see steal in dictionary) breakfast at Embassy Suites one morning in search of crawfish omelets(out of season) & held down bar stools at numerous places like Ryan's Irish pub, Margaritaville, Cat's Meow & Beerfest to name a few. We ate great seafood at Ralph & Kaccos, Johnny's Po Boys & the Alibili(3 times for me) Our friend Josh Hoge played a show at Harrah's & I threw a pair of size 10 purple panties on stage(new from Walgreens). None of his band knew where they came from which made it even more humorous. Bottom line....we did New Orleans spot on for tourists anyway! Katrina destroyed alot of New Orleans but frankly; the areas it destroyed were in need of demolition in my opinion.
I went back to work on Monday & was informed I was being let go...although I was fired during my birthday week, I would of been really pissed if they had done it before I went down there to celebrate my birthday & reunion to the Big Easy. I've decided to dry out for 6 weeks as interviewing for a new gig while drunk is harder as i get older. As always I will keep you informed.
Cheers,
Rip Pewett
un-employed on the wagon treasure hunter at heart

No comments: