Thursday, October 4, 2007

change of attitude, change of latitude



Well, here is my logo.......perfect, but it took awhile for the graphic design guy to visualize my idea. Even though i gave him the link to find it, no customer service in the world anymore. Oh well, i've found if you keep moving forward then you forget most speed bumps pretty quickly. So, I retired from the mortgage business on March 15th & prepared myself for the decompression of a lifetime.....6 weeks back to Australia or Oz as the Aussies called it. This was my maiden voyage for treasure hunting. I had bought gifts the two previous times but never really thought about making a career out of buying Australian treasure for import to the U.S.A.

If you travel at all you know that domestic airlines suck with the exception of Southwest or Southbest as i call them. I would have to fly American(ugh) from Nashville to Los Angeles then hop on Qantas for the 14 hour trip over the big pond. I am pretty good at not thinking about being over water for 90% of the journey. Alcohol usually helps me forget this & many other things as well. The Australian phrase of "no worries" comes to mind. Half way thru the uneventful flight, the captain advises the waitress's in the sky to take their seats & fasten their seat belts....NEVER a good sign. So i sat their with my VB(Victoria Bitter) beer in hand & waited for the unknown & waited & waited. Nothing, not even turbulence. I was relieved & saw no more problems until my 747 way up in the sky touched down. Cleared customs without delay & found myself in Sydney International airport & 6 weeks to do whatever the hell I wanted to do. We will pick up there next time & I'll tell you about Bondi Beach where all the pretty people go topless! Cheers, Rip

No comments: